Catering Sales Manager
Summary: Responsible for generating new catering business and maximizing opportunities within existing clientele. Targets, coordinates, and closes catering sales efforts. Acts as a local sales mentor and customer service coach to the local market t
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives catering sales by prospecting, cold calling, email, and facilitating virtual and in person sales presentations.
- Identifies key accounts and develop and relationships to maximize opportunity.
- Builds and maintains a book of business, prioritizing new business acquisition while maintaining strategic relationships with existing clients.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management.
- Utilizes company CRM software in real time and leverages the system to optimize the sales process.
- Engages the community through valuable networking events.
- Delivers on monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals along with other set metrics.
- Acts a partner to the operations team including motivating, educating, and mentoring through sales strategies to grow catering for their respective areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Three to five years of sales experience is required. Business to business sales with a consultative selling approach preferred. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concept of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, CRM Systems, Social Media Networking Programs, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Register Operating Systems.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four to six years related restaurant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior Catering and Sales experience preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of Automobile Insurance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crawl; talk/hear; and taste/smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; ability to see color; and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock; vibration; work with sharp kitchen utensils; and allergens
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.